Tuesday, October 20, 2015

October 21, 2015 Using the Wood Cradle


(Couldn't upload a photo again this morning.)


Monday 10/19. There was a little bit of valley fog this morning, some in the canyons and some over the river, but it cleared up by mid afternoon.

Buster was up this morning and really gave Jesse a work out.  He slept most of the rest of the day.

After lunch I cut and stacked three loads of wood in the cradle.  Now I'm not sure that the pile of branches will actually fill the south end of the porch.

I gave JB a haircut, that was long overdue.  I'm sure the squirrels and chipmunks will be glad for the nesting material.  After that we both took a nap.

I called Nene this evening.  She has had quite the three-day weekend of celebrating her birthday!  Friends and family feting her each day, which she certainly deserves.

Tuesday 10/20. It was 42 and clear this morning.  Since the girls have not been coming out to get their bananas and cabbage when I come around 8:00 am, I am just going to give them their scratch at that time.  I'll give them their other goodies around noon.  They are all starting to molt now, which seems a little late in the year considering how cold it is getting.

Sandy and I had a nice, long talk this morning.  Solved all the world's problems and everyone else's.  She love's hearing about Nene's attitude toward life at 90 and wants to know if Nene would like another niece!

That talk really got me energized.  I cut and stacked three cradle loads of wood before lunch and two loads after lunch.  The branch pile will definitely not fill the end of the porch, but I should have no problem filling it with the branches from the three trees we are going to have cut down.  

JB was out and about today.  He was walking a little more slowly than usual, but took the dogs on their morning walk and we all went on the afternoon one.  Another beautiful Fall day with a high of 60.  The high temps don't last as long now.  It was already down to 50 at 5:30 pm.

Tomorrow we are going on the Fall garbage run.  We seem to have a lot more this time, so I hope we can get it all in the trailer.

Wednesday 10/21. It is 44 and mostly clear this morning, with clouds on the western horizon.  We hope to leave by 9:00 on our garbage run.

Thought for the day: Sometimes I feel like I have my life together, and then I'm like - Wow!  That was a nice 45 seconds.  Purple Clover


No comments:

Post a Comment