Wednesday, October 7, 2015

October 7, 2015 No Bug & The Best Moose


The best kind of moose!
A sign on Randy's wall
says it all.




Monday 10/5. A couple hours into the day and I was sure of what was causing me to feel so badly.  It was no bug - my diverticulitis was acting up again.  Fortunately, my doctor had an opening at 11:40 am that I took.  I came back home with two antibiotics, and a bag of caramel apple Milky Way minis that were on sale.  That's the problem with getting to the pharmacy before your meds are ready. . .

The only nice thing about all this is that I know I am not expected to do anything except get to feeling better.  Lots of naps coming up.

The sky clouded over and our high for the day was 60.

A couple days ago I finally cleaned the top of the wood stove which is soapstone.  Using the finest grade of steel wool, a little water and a little elbow grease, most of the coffee rings came right off.  This is one of those projects that I save for Summer but never gets done because I have so much time to do it.

Tuesday 10/6. It was 52 and partly cloudy this morning.  JB and I loaded the trailer with a year's worth of cardboard for recycle, and he was on his way by 8:45 am.  He attended the annual meeting on our health-care insurance (the premiums are going up $7/mo.), did a couple errands, and bought the lumber for building the wood cradle.

By the time I hung out the laundry at 10:30 am, the sky was completely overcast.  Looked like some rain fell in the mountains, but none of it got this far.  I puttered around the house, took a two-hour nap and kept telling myself that I would be feeling much better in a day or two.

The winter issue of Capper's Farmer magazine, that we received on Saturday, is filled with great articles.  I love this magazine!

The sky remained overcast for the rest of the day and our high was 62.

Wednesday 10/7. This morning it is overcast and 53.  We want to start building the wood cradle today.  My fever broke last night, so I should be good to go.

Thought for the day: Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you do.

1 comment:

  1. Three things: 1). Damnest, Cutest Moose I ever did see! Thank You, Nene! 2. Yes, What HAPPENS at the.....SHHHHHH! 3.) "Thought for the day", Such Wisdom! Happy Week Ahead! Randy

    ReplyDelete