Friday, October 30, 2015

October 30, 2015 Scammed!



(No photo today as I am using JB's computer.)

Wednesday 10/28. Because of cloudy days and watching a movie at night, our power was too low this morning to keep on after I posted on my blog.  But I did a load of laundry, for which I have to use the generator and that helped recharge the batteries.

JB left for Down There at 11:00 am, after taking the dogs on their morning walk.  It had just begun to sprinkle and continued off and on all day.

I soon realized that today was one of those days that I should have stayed in bed and/or just read a book, and not touched anything electronic.  What my son later pointed out to me was a scam popped up on my computer screen and locked it.  A box appeared that said Windows had locked my computer because of a virus and it gave me a number to call for tech help.  Being the computer-illiterate person that I am, I called the number.  A few hours later they had fixed my computer, given me some protection software and charged me $180.  When my son called a little later and I told him about this, he went ballistic.  Seems I had been scammed, as Microsoft would never lock my computer and give me a specific number to call.  I called PayPal, who opened a claim for me to get me money back.  

Not a good day.  And now I have to save all my photos and documents off my computer onto DVD's and discs so we can "slick" my computer.  I also have to change all my passwords.

JB arrived home just at the end of all this, about 4:45 pm.  At least he had had a good day.  A drink and a movie helped me to relax.

Thursday 10/29. It was 40 and partly cloudy this morning.  The sky entertained the clouds all day, and a very chilly breeze sprang up.  Our high was 54.

As indicated above, I spent my day saving photos onto DVD's and documents onto CD's.  I feel like I completely lost two days. . .

JB put the wheels back on the tractor and wheel barrow.  Les Schwab had fixed them both for free because they said JB had to wait too long!

My brother and his son are coming up to celebrate his birthday this weekend, so that will be fun.  Just hope the forecast rain and wind aren't too nasty.

Hopefully I will be able to use my own computer to blog Monday morning.

Friday 10/30. It is 40 and overcast this morning.  Rain fell during the night and it still is off and on.

Thought for the day: Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug.


No comments:

Post a Comment