Monday, October 5, 2015

October 5, 2015 A Bug & A Moose

Nene's Fall crocuses.


Friday 10/2. The overcast cleared by mid afternoon, but it was breezy most of the day with a high of 66.  A good thing for the laundry that I hung out, as it dries much more quickly with a breeze.

JB dumped another trailer load of small wood debris on the small swale.  Then, while I took a nice long nap, he took the weed eater to the old garden area.

The girls only gave us 23 eggs in September.  I think that now it is Betty who is doing most of the laying.  Belinda can't be bothered with something so mundane, and I'm just not sure about Blondie.  We will definitely be getting some young chickens in the late Spring.

I'm not sure if I caught a bug on the trip or am having a reaction to all the gluten I ate, but I sure don't feel very well.

I called Nene to chat and let her know that the package containing three of the coats/jackets I forgot at her place arrived today.  I had told her that she did not have to send them as they are my Down There jackets that I could get by without, but there's just no reasoning with a stubborn ninety-year-old!  Just for that, JB will be mailing a package to her on Tuesday when he goes Down There for the annual Health-Insurance meeting.

The wind really picked up this evening and blew most of the night, gusting to almost 20.

Saturday 10/3. It was 46 and overcast this morning.  A light shower passed over about 7:00 am, but the ground was dry by 8:00 am.

New neighbors drove up to meet us.  They had just purchased a 21-acre lot on the main canyon road and another neighbor told them to come see us about living Up Here full time.  They are from out of state but plan to move and build Up Here next summer.  We showed them around Rose Camp and came to the conclusion that they will be a perfect fit for our little mountain community.

It was another lovely Fall day.  The sky cleared and we had a high of 62.

Still not feeling well, so I didn't get much done today.  JB left at 3:30 pm in Miss Kitty to go down and help Larry install an inverter for some new solar panels he is putting up.  His visit turned into a late-night event, and Larry had to drive him back home. . .

Sunday 10/4. It was 46 with clear skies this morning, but there was nothing clear about JB's head.  Last night's event turned today into a recuperation and sleep event for him.  However, we did have to drive down to get Miss Kitty and had a nice, sober visit with Larry and Elsie.  Also had a look at their root cellar which is finished and Larry is in the process of covering back up with dirt, as soon as he fixes the leak in his tractor's radiator that appeared this morning. . .

Claudia sent me an email saying that as she was driving home yesterday, she had to stop to let a moose just mosey across the road in front of her!  That ol' moose knew we were gone, and knew Claudia would email us!  What a tease!

I was feeling better today, but we both took a couple naps.  It was a beautiful, sunny day with a high of 60.  Gradually getting cooler.

Monday 10/5. The skies are clear this morning with a temp of 48.  I doubt I will be picking more rose hips, but I plan to make more marmalade today with the three pounds that are in the freezer.

Thought for the day: A man with a helmet defending our country should make more money than a man with a helmet defending a football.

No comments:

Post a Comment