Friday, October 9, 2015

October 9, 2015 Where Is The Outrage?!

Another view from the ridge that Claudia climbs
every morning (she is 86).




Wednesday 10/7. Mother Nature put an end to our plans for building the wood cradle today with a lazy rain that began about 9:30 am.  Fine by me - I just went back to bed. . .

After I got up, we did the dishes and laundry (hung it inside) instead.  A good day for reading and recuperating, baking muffins and defrosting the fridge.  The rain let up around 1:00 pm and then the fog (or low clouds) moved in.  Our high for the day was this morning's 53.

Living Up Here without TV, we do not have access to the TV news and most newspapers, so we are not privy to the daily goings on except for internet news.  But in the papers and magazines that we have received, I have seen very little about Martin Shjreki and his heinous act of raising the price of a pill that cost $13.50 to $750 each!  Where is the outrage? Where are the laws forbidding this?  Obviously the pharmaceutical industry needs MUCH more federal control!  Perhaps his arrogance has finally brought the problem into the spotlight for good.  Just unbelievable.  I certainly would not want to deal with his karma.  I can only hope that everyone in the U.S. is writing to their Senators and Representatives, as I am, denouncing this atrocious act and demanding a solution.

But, back to the good life.  JB used our bird book to determine that the grouse that seem to be making their home in our yard, are female blue grouse.  Probably the harem of the male blue grouse who has been living nearby for a few years.

We got an automated call today which announced that we were eligible for a free security system.  I hung up as soon as I realized it wasn't going to be a German shepherd.

We watched Notting Hill this evening.  An older, but great romcom with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant.  Two of my favorites.

Thursday 10/8. It was 48 and we were in the clouds this morning.  I left for Down There about 8:45 am to pick up a package from UPS that was supposed to ship via parcel post.  Made it to the ladies room in Safeway just in time to take care of business.  Sometimes the cure can be as bad as the illness. . .

I thought it was fog that surrounded us this morning, until I got almost to Larry and Elsie's and was suddenly underneath the cloud cover.  Of course we never go Down There for just one thing, so I took care of a few other errands, but was home by noon.

We remained cloud bound til early evening and our high was just 52.  This kind of weather puts JB in the baking mood, so he spent time this afternoon putting together gluten-free flour mixes that he uses for many of his recipes.  Lots of goodies to look forward to.

I am feeling a little better each day, but still don't have a lot of energy.  Just have to be patient as I will be on these antibiotics for another week. . .

JB called a tree-cutting company and they are coming up tomorrow afternoon to give us an estimate on cutting down three large trees that are near the house.  We really do not want to deal with them ourselves.

Friday 10/9. It is 50 and partly overcast this morning.  I will probably be inside most of the day as I have got to sort, throw or file all the paperwork that has accumulated the past several weeks.  Oh goodie. . .

Thanks to Randy for your comment on my Wednesday's post.  Yes, thank you Nene!

Thought for the day: I would trade all my technology for an afternoon with Socrates.  Steve Jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment