Friday, June 10, 2016

June 10, 2016 Again With The Branches & Trips Down There

Tuesday night's sunset.

The socks Sandy gave
to me for my
birthday!










Wednesday 6/8. Because the heat had dried out the huge pile of fir branches on the north side of the house, turning the needles orange and creating bonfire fodder, I got out there before breakfast and moved them all to the west ridge.  Now they are about 30 feet further away from the house and I feel much better.

JB took the dogs on their morning walk for the first time since the heat arrived.  After hanging up the laundry, I went to work breaking small branches off the large fir branches that I had moved earlier.  JB mowed a bit on the south ridge.  Then we both sat on the porch and watched the wren building its nest in the bird house.

The wind blew all day, increasing in speed as the day wore on.  Our high was 80, but it sure didn't feel like it, or maybe we are just getting used to the heat.  By 5:00 pm the wind was gusting to 16 mph, and by 9:00 pm the temp had dropped to 54.  

I just have to post a photo of the socks that Sandy gave me for my birthday.  She is just never going to let me forget my story about my boob falling out of my tank top. . .

Thursday 6/9.  It was 45 with clear skies this morning.  Just lovely!  We got going early, as JB had a doctor's appointment at 11:00 am and we had several errands to run.  Since Memorial Day he has been having a problem with his right elbow.  We thought the bursa sack had burst, as it had many years ago.

After waiting an hour to get into see the doctor, we then had to get him over to the lab for blood work and an x-ray.  It wasn't the bursa sack after all and there were many other possibilities.  He has another appointment tomorrow morning at 8:20 am.  We picked up a prescription and were home a little after 2:00 pm.

At 5:30 pm, the doctor called to say JB's blood work was back and he had very elevated levels of uric acid.  His gout is back.  Not only that, but the doctor had another prescription he wanted JB to take today.  So back Down There I went to get to the pharmacy before it closed at 7:00 pm.  With all this going on, I also picked up a couple tubs of ice cream.  It is going to be a very early morning tomorrow.

Clouds moved in during the day and a light rain began to fall just as I left for Down There the second time.  Our high for the day was just 64, but it was at least 75 in town.

Friday 6/10. It is 46 and partly cloudy this morning.  Looks to be another long day.

Thought for the day: Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment