Wednesday, June 8, 2016

June 8, 2016 Names for Our New Girls & More Hot


Where a wren is building
her nest.


Monday 6/6. Again, dealing with the laundry was the most energy I spent today, hanging up, taking down & folding.  Our high for the day hit 90!

There is a wren building a nest in our "Bear Country" bird house.  So glad it is finally being used.

I have finally decided on names for our new little girls - Blackie and The Twins.  I know that sounds like a '60's rock band, but it fits.  They will come over to the fence and take greens out of my hand now, although one of the twins seems more interested in my finger than what I am feeding them.

Tuesday 6/7. It was 70 and clear this morning with that nice little breeze.  Still an inside day.  My house is going to be so clean and organized by the time this heat wave ends. . .

Had to make another gallon of hummingbird syrup today.  After dinner I actually was able to take some of the kindling I cut before it got so hot to the wood shed and stack it. 

Our high for the day was 86.  Wow! Four degrees cooler than yesterday.  By 9:00 pm there were black clouds on their way in from the southwest and a brilliant sunset.  Sure hope we get some rain tomorrow.  At least it is supposed to be much cooler.

Wednesday 6/8. It is 64 and overcast this morning.  Woo Hoo!

Thought for the day: Depresso: That feeling you get when you run out of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment