Monday, June 13, 2016

June 13, 2016 Two More Trips Down There & A Great Weekend

Dinga's nest in the bushes
while we were using the
tractor.


Friday 6/10. We were on our way to JB's 8:20 am doctor's appointment at 7:20.  I was driving, but not even sure I was really awake.  The doctor drained his elbow; couldn't make up his mind if it was pseudo-gout or some other infection; called in a different prescription.  JB was feeling well enough that I was able to get all my grocery shopping done, too.  We were home a little after noon.

Another call from the doctor at 4:00 pm that it was indeed really gout and I needed to go pick up a new prescription!  As Larry would say, this guy is really just practicing medicine.  Maybe one day he'll get it right.

On this trip Down There (this made four trips in two days), I treated myself to a big, juicy hamburger.  Probably my favorite red meat dish, and I only have it about three times a year.

It's been a long two days, but at least JB's problem is only gout and not any of the other life-threatening possibilities that the doctor mentioned. . .

Saturday 6/11. My brother came up for breakfast and we had a really nice visit.
After he left, I finished clipping ALL the pine clusters off the branches, and began cutting the small branches into kindling and stacking them in the wood shed.

It was a great day, simply because I did NOT have to drive anywhere.  JB took the day off to rest his arm.

It was breezy and clear all day with a high of 64.

We relaxed in the evening, watching the first Lethal Weapon movie.  Will probably watch the other three soon.

Sunday 6/12.  Today began with a temp of 47 and partly cloudy skies.  A very pleasant day with a high of 67.

Right after breakfast we got to work outside.  JB used the tractor to move all the pine needle clusters to the fourth swale we are creating.  Then he was able to cover about 1/3 of it with dirt before lunch.  I raked each bucket load and tromped it down while he got the next load.

After lunch we were able to cover about 1/2 the swale in dirt.  Then I FINISHED trimming the pine branches.  Hurray!!  Now I just have to stack all the kindling I made in the wood shed, and eventually cut the large branches in the cradle.  A good day's work.  

I opened up the little door between the little girls and the big girls this afternoon, then sat and watched them for a while.  No problems, so I left it like that.  I was going to leave the door open and then tomorrow night put the little ones in with the big ones to roost, but the little ones had a hard time finding the door(!!), so I just took the whole fence down.  

Tomorrow I will work on the fir branches, but it is supposed to be a wet week, so we'll see just how much I get done.  JB has a follow-up doctor's appointment tomorrow, but he is feeling well enough to go down by himself.  Thank goodness!

I am so saddened and distressed by the shooting in Orlando for which ISIS has claimed responsibility.  So much obvious evil in the world today..

Monday 6/13. It is 50 and partly cloudy this morning.  Looks to be a good day for working outside.

Thought for the day: He who plants thorns must never expect to gather roses.  Arabian proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment