Friday, June 3, 2016

June 3, 2016 A Bird House, Baby Birds & Roses


A Robin at the bird bath.

Wild Roses along our road.

The birdhouse.











Wednesday 6/1. With a garden and potted flowers, our new morning chore is watering everything.  We are still using water from the 200 gallons we had in the barrels.

When I was gone over the weekend, JB was able to watch the baby wrens learning to fly.  Since their nest is under the eaves near the deck, it seems they were using the deck as their runway.  Haven't seen any pregnant hummingbirds lately, so they have all laid their eggs.  Don't know how long it takes for them to hatch.

This morning while it was still cool, I put a bird house on top of the cut tree by the porch.  The one from which the clothes line hangs.  Looks pretty good.

Then I continued clipping the pine and fir branches, after which I gave JB a much needed hair cut.  He felt so good that he baked a pound cake that turned out stupendous!

Our high for the day was 74, but we had a nice breeze that kept the day from getting uncomfortable.

Thursday 6/2. It was 54 and overcast this morning.  I left for Down There at about 8:45 am to pick up a few items I wasn't able to get on Sunday.  Didn't have a lot to do, so I was home before noon.  By then the clouds were opening to the blue sky and the sun was shining through.  The air is heavy with the scent of wild roses along our road.  I couldn't help but stop and take pictures, even though with this being my ninth spring Up Here, I must have more than 1,000 photos of roses by now.

After lunch it was back to clipping more branches, while JB worked on setting up his flag pole in the stump.  After dinner I clipped more bunches of needles off another pile of pine branches.

A cool wind blew all day, gusting to 18, and our high temp was 66.

Friday 6/3. This morning is 50 with clear skies and temps into the 90's forecast for the weekend.

Thought for the day: What I do today is very important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it.  Guideposts June 2016

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is one fine birdhouse. I am glad it finally saw the light of day.

    ReplyDelete