Monday, September 10, 2018

September 10, 2018 New Full-Time Neighbors

Fall colors.
One of my petunias that
the grouse haven't eaten yet.
















Friday 9/7. Did more laundry today.  I've gotten behind with everything else going on, and there's always more of it in the summer.  Ordered some birthday and Christmas gifts on line while waiting for the laundry.  (See thought for the day.)  Then split more wood, moved and stacked five loads.

Clouds began moving in around noon and the wind picked up just after 4:00 pm.  Thunder storms are in the forecast for tonight.  Hopefully they will travel north and south of us, as they often do.  But we closed and covered up everything that needed it, just in case.  Then watched the dark clouds split and go around us.

Our high for the day was 80 and a bit muggy.  We saw some lightening flashes, but too far away to hear the thunder.  By 9:30 pm we were finally getting some rain.  Didn't last much more than 30 minutes, but it certainly smelled good.

Saturday 9/8. It was 50 and overcast when JB got up at 7:00 am, but the cloud cover was already breaking up a bit when I got up at 8:00.

Fall has definitely arrived at Rose Camp with its warm days and cool nights, bringing its bright yellows and oranges.  The season always arrives before the official date.

I took the day off from splitting and stacking.  Cleaned and did other inside chores, as our new neighbors from the other side of the canyon are planning to stop by this afternoon.  After problems with their vehicle, they arrived around 4:00 pm.  Very nice young family with three small children who plan to live Up Here year round and home-school their children, and will be a great addition to our canyon community.  She brought us a large box of peaches from their orchard.  I definitely have some canning to do.

I had to cut our visit short at 6:30 to drive my Jeep down to Gridder's so he could install a part it needed.  Had a great visit with Mrs. Gridder and was home around 8:30 pm.

Sunday 9/9. It is 48 and partly cloudy this morning.  Looks to be a perfect day for working outside.  So I split, moved, and stacked wood.  Then I split, moved, and stacked more wood.  And all that work called for a nap.

I was going to can peach pie filling this afternoon, but I got started too late.  I have everything out and ready to start first thing in the morning.

It was another lovely day with clouds drifting over mainly to the south and north, with a high of 71.

I have been sitting in my swing every day.  Sometimes for a while.  Sometimes just for a few minutes.  But for how ever long, it is always just what I need.

Monday 9/10. It is 50, breezy, and mostly cloudy this morning with a chance of rain in the forecast.  A good day for canning.

Thought for the day: Please, Lord, don't let my husband be home when my on-line purchases are delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment