Friday, September 28, 2018

September 28, 2018 Trips Down There & Game Cam Photos









Wednesday 9/26. We were on our way Down There by 8:30 am.  Dropped off my Jeep to have the window fixed - again.  Then I dropped off JB at the doctor's and was off to do a list of errands.  First stop was the Dollar Store & when I tried to go to my next stop, JB's Jeep wouldn't start.  We have been having this problem for the past month or so and couldn't figure it out.  I called AAA and waited an hour for the tow truck to arrive.  Before the guy even attached the jumper cable, he said, "You have a loose connection!"  He tightened it with his hand and the Jeep started right up. . .  Seriously?!  Well, it was definitely worth the hour's wait to find that it was such a simple, cheap fix.

By then it was time to pick up JB.  The doctor said that a virus had penetrated his auto-immune system and caused the hearing loss.  He has a prescription to take and then goes back the first week of November to have it re-checked.    Together we ran the other errands, which included checking out another grocery store, Grocery Outlet, that Mrs. Gridder has been telling me I should do for several years now.  I will definitely be going back there.

Just as we were heading home, I got a call from the guy fixing my Jeep window.  Seems the main door switch had broken, but he said they would fix it and charge us for the part only.  Works for me.

Back home it was an absolutely glorious Autumn day with warm sunshine and a high of 70.  Must have been in the high 70's Down There.

Thursday 9/27. It is 54 with a clear sky this morning, and looks to be another perfect Autumn day.  Did inside chores and hung out the laundry, then after lunch we drove back Down There to pick up my Jeep.  Met my brother coming up for a long weekend and invited him to breakfast on Saturday.

We dropped off a couple bags of recycle then picked up my Jeep.  Another $140 for the part, but they had also fixed wires going to the door that looked as though they might not last much longer.  Guess it was worth it.

Too late to really get anything else done by the time we got home, except just enjoy the perfect Autumn day I knew it was going to be, with a high of 74.  The colors in the canyon and Up Here are really brilliant now.  Lots of gold, orange and some red all mixed in with the green.  My favorite time of year.

Friday 9/28. It is 47 with with a bright blue sky this morning.  Temps are supposed to be falling now.  So it's back to splitting wood and fixing MAX.

Thought for the day: Discipline is a rejection of entitlement and expectation.  Discipline is having a strong awareness that your choices have impact and that your actions make a difference.  Cameron Diaz

No comments:

Post a Comment