Monday, September 17, 2018

September 17, 2018 Getting Ready For Our Son's Visit

First fire in the wood stove
this season.
More red in the pine cones
this year.













Friday 9/14. Our frogs are back under the house and serenading us.  A few days ago, Elsie woke up very early one morning and saw a doe and two fawns by their apple tree.  The doe was standing on her back legs so she could reach up to the apples.  Hope they left some for us.

There was a little extra peach pie filling left over when I canned it and I had some on my oatmeal this morning.  Yum!!

Had to start getting the inside of the house ready for our son's visit and so many other chores to do.  So today it was dishes, laundry, cleaning out the wood stove (what a dirty mess!), making chicken broth for the dogs.  Then after lunch I split, moved and stacked some wood.  We almost have the fifth row done.

It was cloudy all day but the sun managed to shine most of the time.  Our high for the day was just 62.  The house was pretty chilly, so we put in our first fire of the season this evening.  So nice!

Saturday 9/15. It is 46 and cloudy this morning.  I planned to bake cookies today, but first had to drive down to the Gridder's so he could put another part in my Jeep.  This one only took him ten minutes and he didn't have to crawl underneath like with the last one.

Back home I got the peanut butter/chocolate chip cookies baked.  Then did some dusting and general cleaning up.

The sky was pretty much overcast all day with the sun peeking through a few times.  Our high was just 60.

Summer seemed to have whizzed by and my list of things to do is still almost as long as it was in June.  At least we were able to get the trees cut down.

Both the pine and fir cones seem to have much more red in them this year.  (See photo above.)  They are quite beautiful.

Sunday 9/16. It is 45 and overcast this morning.  We had a short rain shower about 8:00 and they continued off and on til around noon.  Time for all the last minute chores.  JB was able to get the propane generator going so I could vacuum, but it died soon after I was finished.  He is going to take it to Yakima on Monday, 9/24, to get it fixed.

I set up the guest bed and had a fairly short list of things to do today before I leave for the airport, but somehow I was busy all the time.  Oh, I need to do that.  Oh, I really should do this.

I put a fire in the stove early in the afternoon as it was 65 in the house.  Coming from Alabama's 95, our son is really going to need a fire.

I was off to Down There at 4:00 as I had to stop by the store for a few things and thought it would be easier to arrive early at the airport than wait at home a bit longer to leave.  By the time he landed, the sky was mostly clear.

Monday 9/17. It is 38 with clear skies this morning.  When I let the dogs out at 6:00, I had to put a fire in.  It is soooo very good to have our son here.  Now it it time to just enjoy his companionship and fix MAX, cut wood in the cradle, and maybe slice down a few stumps.  Whatever, we will be doing it together.

Thought for the day: Family and friends.  That's all that really counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment