Friday, September 14, 2018

September 14, 2018 Guests & A Big Shopping Trip

Hanging basket sitting away
 from house because of hornets.
















Wednesday 9/14. I canned six half-pints of peach jam this morning and had a little left over for the fridge.  Never made peach jam before and it looks as though it is jelly on the bottom and jam on the top.  Not sure what happened, but it sure tastes good.

No splitting wood today, had to get ready for our dinner guests.  My brother and nephew arrived a little before 4:00 and we had such a good visit.  My nephew just turned twenty and is 6'2".  I so vividly remember the day he was born. . .

It was another beautiful Fall day with a high of 64.

Thursday 9/15. It was 42 with clear skies this morning.  I was on my way Down There before 9:00 am with a very long list of things to do and buy, including another part for my Jeep.  It was a very long day and seemed like everyone in the county was in town today.  Didn't they know it was MY day to shop?!

One of my errands was to drop off some items at the thrift store, but they are closing in order to move, so were not accepting any donations.  However, everything in the store was 40% off, so I HAD to go in.  Found a few really nice blouses and jeans.  But it was a very long day, and I didn't get back home til after 2:00 with a very full vehicle.

And, of course, shopping is only half of the project.  Putting everything away and logging the food into the list is the other half.  I was able to buy Blade Runner 2049 at a Red Box, so we watched that this evening.  Two hours and 45 minutes, but very good and needs watching several more times to understand it all.

Another beautiful day with a high of 64 Up Here, but definitely into the 70's Down There.

Friday 9/16. It is 44 and cloudy this morning.  Our son is due on Sunday evening, so lots to do to get ready.  They don't have Taco Time in the South (he lives in Alabama), so we will be stopping by one on our way to Rose Camp when I pick him up at the airport.  It's been two years since we have seen him. . .

Thought for the day: You call them swear words.  I call them sentence enhancers.

No comments:

Post a Comment