Wednesday, September 26, 2018

September 26, 2018 Back to Work

No photo today.

Monday 9/24. Sure feel like I am fighting off some west-side germ, but I was on my way Down There by 9:30 am with three big bags of laundry.  Stopped by Larry and Elsie's to drop off a couple bottles of wine.  Her garden is almost done for the year and she had a bag of fruit and veggies for me that I will pick up on my way home.

Our son gave me an Ipad that he found at an estate sale for $10 because it "wouldn't power up".  It took him about ten minutes to fix and is as good as new.  He put his Netflix account on it and I brought it with me to download some movies and TV series with doing the wash.

I picked up a large bag of onions, garlic and pears along with a jar of pickled beets and a jar of grape jam (home-made from their grapes) at Elsie's, then was home by 1:30 pm.  Really felt like crap and took a nap.

I wanted to watch a couple episodes of Sherlock this evening that I had downloaded, but the  cord didn't have the right plug.  Our son left a special tool for us to use in order to custom make one, so we will have to do that.

Our high for the day was 68 and there is warmer weather in the forecast for the rest of the week.  

Tuesday 9/25. It is 46 with clear skies this morning, and I am finally feeling much better.  We all went on a morning walk amidst the orange and yellow Fall colors.  So beautiful!

I split a few rounds and all of the larger branch wood that we had sorted out,  then got it moved to the wood shed and stacked it.  After lunch, JB and I worked on MAX for about an hour.  He got the break installed on one side and we almost got one of the axles installed.  But after leaning over so long, he had to go lie down and rest his back.  I did some more splitting while he was inside.  Then, while he was fixing dinner, I carried eight armloads of wood to the shed and stacked them.

Our high for the day was 66 with a few wispy clouds forming in the sky.

Wednesday 9/26.  It is 49 with mostly clear skies this morning.  We will be on our way Down There as soon as possible in order to drop my Jeep off at the electrical place that "fixed" my window, as it is no longer working.  Then I will take JB to the doctor to have his ear checked out and run some errands while he is there.

Thought for the day: I believe that if we relax and let go enough, extraordinary things begin to happen.  I suppose you'd call it spiritual surrender. Sir Anthony Hopkins


No comments:

Post a Comment