Wednesday, September 12, 2018

September 12, 2018 Canning Peaches & A Screaming Dog

Interesting clouds on
Monday.


Monday 9/10. Got right to canning after breakfast.  Canned four pints of peach pie filling.  Then split and stacked some wood.  Not a lot, just enough to say I did it.  Am making the pieces a bit smaller this year as it is all green and doesn't have a lot of time to dry before we use it.

Later in the afternoon, I also began clipping the branches for kindling.  Took several arm-loads to the wood shed and stacked them.

The vet won't renew Dinga's meds without a visit.  It has been about three years since she has been, so I have an appointment to take her in tomorrow.  It's not going to be fun.

My nephew called to let me know that he and his dad are up at their cabin for a few days.  They will be up for dinner on Wednesday.  

Our high for the day was 67.

Tuesday 9/11. This sad day of remembrance began with a temp of just 44.  Dinga and I left around 9:30 to run some errands before her appointment.  The vet came out to the car to see her, but Dinga knew exactly who she was.  We had to put a muzzle on her and it went downhill from there.  She didn't want anyone but me to touch her and when the vet tried to put the stethoscope on her, you would have thought it was a knife.  I have never heard a dog scream before, but Dinga did and it ripped my heart out.  Meds or no meds, I will not put her through that ever again.

We were back home around 1:00 pm and after a quick lunch I took a two-hour nap.  Dinga was very quiet for the rest of the day.

Our high for the day was 66 with a cool breeze.

Wednesday 9/12. It is only 40 this morning.  I want to can some peach jam this morning, and am looking forward to my brother's and nephew's visit this evening.

Thought for the day: It is not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful. David Steindl-Rast, Benedictine monk

No comments:

Post a Comment