Friday, September 7, 2018

September 7, 2018 Splitting, Stacking & Re-stacking Wood

A bull snake by the tipi.












Wednesday 9/5. I hung out the laundry, then helped JB take the mower off the tractor for the winter.  He had already done most of the work, but it is hard to move on the rough ground and is easier with two people.

We all went on a morning walk, even Jesse.  Although the walk has become an amble rather than a forced march.

The mountains have disappeared into the smoke this morning, but we can still see across the canyon.

I did more splitting today and loaded the tractor bucket five times for JB to move it all to the wood shed.  I stacked it all, finishing the fourth of seven rows and started on the fifth.  Just before dinner there was a loud "crack" and the fourth row tumbled down.  Don't know what it is with that fourth row, but this is the third year in a row that has happened, but today it was because the slat of wood holding it up broke.  So after dinner I put a 2X4 up to hold it and re-stacked it.

It was a gorgeous day with a high of 74.

Thursday 9/6. It is 58 and still smokey this morning, and I ache.  But then September is Achey Month as I am usually splitting and stacking wood.  Thank goodness for ibuprofen!

After we did dishes and laundry, I got the call to come pick up my repaired Jeep.  So down we went in JB's Jeep.  We each ran some errands before going back home.  I bought a part for my Jeep that Gridder told me to get.  I thought maybe the spark plugs needed changing, but he said no, it most likely is the PCS.  Of course, I asked for a CPI at the parts store, but when I explained, they knew what I was talking about.

Back home, after lunch, I did some more splitting.  Not a lot, but just enough to say I did it. . .

Much warmer today with a high of 80.  I sit in my swing every day now and just LOVE it.

Friday 9/7. It is 57 this morning and the mountains have re-appeared.

Thought for the day: Well behaved women rarely make history.

No comments:

Post a Comment