Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Oct 23, 2013 Down There WAY Too Often

One of my favorite places along our road.


Monday 10/21.  Off we went Down There again on another fabulous Fall day.  Dropped off JB's Jeep.  Picked up applications for our new health care insurance.  Did the last of the winter grocery shopping at Fred Meyer.  It was definitely nap time when we got home.

Our high for the day was 62 and what a waste of a gorgeous day to spend it Down There.  However the temperature was pushing 70 and it did feel good.

Tuesday 10/22.  I let the dogs out at 5:20 am and Jesse managed to stay out for an hour and twenty minutes.  So much for going back to sleep, as I had to get up at 7:00 am.  Down There again, and, yes, on another fabulous Fall day.  Dropped JB off to pick up his Jeep.  Got blood drawn for my annual labs.  Couldn't have anything to eat beforehand, so I treated myself to a squash croissant along with my latte.  Then off to do the laundry, where I called Sandy and we talked for most of the time I was there.  After which I did the last of the big Costco shopping.  Went to the doctor to get that "thing" removed from my arm - she is good, didn't feel a thing.  Picked up the mail and special ordered a Christmas present for my favorite Aunt.  

I was wound when I finally arrived back home.  Got everything put away and noted on our supply list.

JB had several errands to run after picking up his Jeep, including dropping off our health care applications and going to the Chelan County Assessor's office.  We had not received the refund from our property tax payment and it turns out there was a glitch in the recording of the 21 of our acres going into their forest management program.  We should receive a check soon now.  They were very helpful and very apologetic - one of the best government offices I have ever encountered.

We are switching to a new and local healthcare insurance which is co-owned by the local medical community.  The only dental care it offers is one annual cleaning, but it seems that no one is offering dental insurance that covers anything except preventative care.  The cost is $37 per month per person and is at least as good as the one we currently have, if not better.  

I am appalled at the reality of the "Affordable" Health Care Act (I refuse to put the president's name in my blog for its other name).  We have friends that now actually CANNOT afford healthcare as it has doubled their premiums to $1200 per month.  It is cheaper for them to pay the penalty, or tax, or whatever it is called now.  A rose by any other name. . .

Having gone Down There three times in four days really brought out the ditz in me.  I had JB mail Aunt Nene's birthday card (late), but not her gift. . .

We captured lots of deer on the game cam this past week and one skunk.  And speaking of skunks, Sandy had sent me an article from the Reader's Digest entitled "Bats, Cows and Skunks, Oh My!" that was hilarious.  About a couple who moved to the country in Vermont.  I am so glad that we have not experienced some of the "wild" encounters that others have.  

Wednesday 10/23.  Well, as I said, I was wound upon returning home yesterday and, for the first night in a long time, I couldn't sleep.  Probably a good thing as Jesse had obviously found and eaten part of a kill or caught and eaten something on his own.  We deduced this from the fragrance emitting from his back side during the evening.  So he had to go out at 11:30 pm (I was already up) and again at 2:45 am.  He seems to be feeling better this morning, a morning which has produced another cloudless sky, with more of such in the forecast.  I would love to be outside all day, but there are just too many things I have been ignoring inside.

Thought for the day:  If I had no sense of humor, I would have long ago committed suicide.  Mahatma Gandhi 

No comments:

Post a Comment