Monday, November 11, 2013

Nov 11, 2013 Up In the Clouds

Valley fog on 11/2.

Friday 11/8. It turned out to be a beautiful day, with a high of 37.  Lots of things to be done inside though, including cleaning out the wood stove.  Always such fun.  I also worked on crafts and cleaning out my craft area.  JB spent some more time in his shop organizing.

I took the dogs on a short hike after bringing in the wood, and later JB took them on their afternoon walk.  I didn't see any wild life, but he saw two deer.

At the forest health seminar, the organizers recommended the web site www.fs.usda.gov.  It is full of great information and on-line classes.

It was Hawaiian pizza for dinner and then a movie.  Yes, I know that in Chicago, ham and pineapple does not qualify as a real pizza, but we are in Washington. . .

Saturday 11/9.  Mostly cloudy and 23 this morning.  JB saw a buck and two does on the morning walk.  The dogs spooked them a little down the south side of the south ridge, but did not chase them.  (Yes, I am jealous!)

I did some overdue work on my computer, then began wrapping Christmas presents.  I want to get them all mailed right after Thanksgiving.

Tiny snow flakes began drifting down around 2:00 pm, and by 3:00 pm the fog had risen up from the canyons.  Our high for the day was only 28, and I cut our afternoon walk short as the pogonip was just too icy.

I have started a Sandra Brown novel, Lethal.  Excellent, as always.

Sunday 11/10.  Fog and 25 this morning with 1/4" of new snow.  We have about 1/2" on the ground now.

My Aunt Nene called at 9:00 am to tell me that my cousin who lives in Brewster had been taken to the Wenatchee hospital Saturday evening with a kidney stone.  I was able to leave a little after 9:00 am to go see her.  I am the only one in the area that she knows.

Regardless of the circumstances, it was good to see her.  We visited for a while, although she was still quite groggy, then I left her to nap while I ran some errands.  She was still asleep when I returned but quickly woke up.  We chatted some more and then I left for home about 2:30 pm.  I have to be in town anyway on Monday and Tuesday, so will visit her both days.  JB has to have two teeth pulled on Tuesday.  If she is not released until Wednesday, I will drive her home and stay a day or two.  If she is released on Tuesday, her son, who also lives in Brewster, will pick her up and I will drive up on Wednesday.

On my drive down the mountain, I soon realized that we were not fogged in, but rather we were in low cloud cover.  The road was a little slick going down, but was more slushy driving back up.  Our high for the day was 30.

JB had baked blueberry scones while I was gone, and then made macaroni and cheese for dinner.  Wonderful comfort food!

Because of the clouds, I had to run the generator to type my blog this evening.  I may have to in the morning, too, when I post.

Monday 11/11.  It is 28 and overcast this morning, but it is a normal, high cloud cover and we are not socked in.  Will leave at 9:00 am to go Down There again. 

Thought for the day:  Sometimes when things seem to be falling apart, they may actually be falling into place.  Donna Chnupa, Guideposts


No comments:

Post a Comment