Friday, November 8, 2013

Nov 8, 2013 Foggy, Foggy Days

Our front yard Thursday morning.
Valley fog on Thursday.




















Wednesday 11/6. The valley fog quickly grew and encompassed our mountain.  It was a foggy, foggy day with a high of 28.  We had to use the generator to do the dishes.

JB tried to get the snow blower started with its electric starter but was unsuccessful.  I really think we have a lemon.  He ran MAX's engine for a while, and we put a sheet of plastic over shelves in the shop where it has been leaking.  

I baked dog biscuits.  A recipe I haven't tried before that calls for ground beef, eggs, flour, oats and water.  Messy to make, but I'm sure the dogs are going to like them.  I really want to get away from buying ready-made dog treats.

I also defrosted the refrigerator and sorted out a big pile of papers I had accumulated.  I love to cut out interesting magazine and newspaper articles, and information about new products I might want.  But they do tend to pile up if I don't file them right away, which I rarely do.

Another reason to love Autumn - clementine oranges.  I could eat a whole bag in one sitting!

Among the many catalogs I received last trip down was the National Geographic catalog.  Every year I look at their ad for the DNA testing to find your deep ancestry.  I have always wanted to do that, but for $200 it will have to wait a couple years.

We played cribbage instead of watching a movie.  At the end of a foggy day there is simply not enough power for more than one light.  It began snowing around 8:30 pm.

Thursday 11/7. More fog and 22 this morning.  Nothing like being brought out of a deep sleep by the sound of a barfing dog, which is exactly what happened at 2:00 am.  JB let them both out and I cleaned up the mess, then fed the fire.  Back to sleep and up again at 5:00 am for their normal morning outing.  It was sleeting, but we only received about another 1/4" of white.

I chatted with Sandy for an hour after breakfast.  Always a great way to start the day.

Snow flakes began drifting down through the fog a little after 11:00 am.  By 12:30 pm we had sun and patches of blue sky, and the fog had sunk back down into the canyons and valleys.  Our high for the day was 30.

After lunch, JB went out to his shop, started a fire in his wood stove and worked on organizing everything so he will have room for projects.  I stayed inside and finished a couple Christmas presents.  I really did have to get outside other than to bring in fire wood, so I took the dogs on their afternoon walk.

When I re-potted my two plants a few weeks ago, I managed to completely rejuvenate the large one and completely decimate the small one.  My brown thumb at work again.

With the sun out for a while we had plenty of power for the TV, so we watched the last two episodes of season two of True Blood.  So good!

Friday 11/8.  Mostly clear and 28 this morning.  Even the valleys are finally clear of the fog.

Thought for the day:  Guns are a lot like parachutes, if you need one and don't have one, you will probably never need one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment