Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Nov 6, 2013 Snow & Pogonip

A cold Autumn sky,


Monday 11/4.  Taking my Jeep in today was another example of universal timing.  When I turned it on to drive it to the shop, the engine light came on.  It seems it is overloaded with carbon build up, so they had to blow it out twice, not just the once that was scheduled.  Got all the fluids changed and new belts and radiator hoses.  Hopefully it's good for another 100,000 miles.  I just have to get it out on the highway more often.  A good excuse to go exploring.

It was a short trip.  JB followed me down and we dropped off my Jeep, dropped off some recycle and then JB got his blood drawn for lab work.  The dogs were so very happy that we weren't gone long.

At home, JB had to fix the shower as the cold water wouldn't turn off.  That was our chore for the day.

We received our new garbage compacter on Saturday.  I'm sure I paid way too much, but it will be well worth it.  It stainless steel and the top has a cut-out piece with a handle that is held in with magnets.  You just push down on the handle to compact the garbage within.  Very clever.

With the time change, we are once again eating dinner after dark, but, at least for now, it is light when we get up in the morning.

Tuesday 11/5.  This morning we did awaken to a white landscape.  Just a heavy dusting, but snow began falling again before we left for Down There at 8:15 am.  And while we were gone, pogonip (an Indian name for frozen fog) moved in.  When JB got back home, he had to scrape ice off of the solar panels.  We didn't get much more snow, maybe an 1/8 of an inch.

My Jeep wasn't done, so I was given a loaner for the day to go do laundry and shopping.  Got it all done and made my doctor's appointment at 1:15 pm to get the stitches out of my arm.  Had to make an appointment for January for the doctor to check it as it was skin cancer (NOT melanoma).

The Autumn colors are still vibrant Down There.  The leaves, along with the Autumn flowers make for a brilliantly colorful drive.  However, Up Here the deciduous trees and bushes are bare, and the wind has blown the gold off of the road.  

It was a good day, but a long one.  I was in bed by 7:30 pm.  I felt like I could sleep until Christmas.

Wednesday 11/6.  It is cloudy and 24 this morning with some low valley fog over the Wenatchee and Columbia rivers.  It's that time of the year again to feed the fire when my bladder gets me up during the night.

Thought for the day: There is hope for the future because God has a sense of humor and we are funny to God.  Bill Cosby  

No comments:

Post a Comment