Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Nov 13, 2013 Change of Plans

Some color from Down There.


Monday 11/11.  Down to the hospital to see Nancy again.  She seems more alert today and we had a good chat.  Then it was off to get my annual mammogram, run a couple errands, and eat lunch.  Jack-in-the-Box has pumpkin spice coffee.  Yum!  Back to see Nancy again.  I just don't see how she can be released tomorrow. . .

I was back home by 3:00 pm.  A very grey day and a very muddy road.

Larry and Elsie ventured up our sloppy road to visit about 5:00 pm.  So good to see them.

Tuesday 11/12.  It was warmer this morning, 32 with a light drizzle and fog.  All the snow has turned to mud.  (I love today's date: 11/12/13!)  JB and I left at 10:00 am, taking his Jeep as we needed to fill a couple gas cans and we can leave the top half of his back door open when driving home with it.  Our first stop was to see Nancy and she indeed is being released today.  Her daughter-in-law will come to pick her up, but she will call me when she arrives home.  At this point, we plan for me to take her home after her operation in a couple weeks and will stay with her for a few days.

I dropped JB off at the dentist and picked up a few groceries, then went to Hobby Lobby for a few craft items.  I never get a cart when I go there.  Just too many temptations. . .  JB called to say he was done just as I was walking out.  So I picked him up and off we went to the post office, pharmacy for pain meds and the gas station to fill up the gas cans.  Even with the back window open, we could smell the gas.  We drove up through the clouds and into the sunlight the last mile.  So glad we pulled in some power today.

We were home by 3:00 and met by a couple of very happy dogs.  I must admit that going Down There three days in a row is a bit tiring, but it was definitely worth it to visit Nancy and help her get through this.  She is a survivor (16 years cancer free) and has a great sense of humor.  She is two weeks younger than JB and for years have had an ongoing battle to see who can send the most outrageous birthday card.

Coming back up our road was worse than going down.  I am pretty sure that we dug another foot down in the rut on the steepest part of our driveway.

Poor Nancy didn't get home til 7:30 pm as there was a mix up on one of her medications and they didn't get to leave Wenatchee til after 5:00 pm.  It is an 80 mile drive to Brewster from here.  She has to come back down on Friday and again on Monday for doctor appointments.  I will go down and take her to lunch on both those days.  Maybe Costco too, if she is up for it.

Wednesday 11/13.  It is partly cloudy and 32 out there this morning.  Definitely have to clean house today, but that may be all that gets done.

Thought for the day:  It's not how old you are, but how you are old.

No comments:

Post a Comment