Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Nov 27, 2013 Giving Thanks

Inversion layer over the Columbia River.
Sun on the mountains to the far northwest.















Monday 11/25.  By noon our blue sky was overcast and our high for the day was 28.  The high pressure system sitting off the coast is causing an inversion layer and air quality warnings, but supposedly there is a storm heading our way on Sunday.

I am in the process of losing a friend.  Someone I have known since high school.  I realize that people flow into and out of our life.  Sometimes we drift apart on a gentle current, and other times a tidal wave of differences sweeps us apart.  That emotional tidal wave can hurt as badly as a physical one, especially if you don't see it coming. . .

After being a bit of a social hermit for five years, I have decided to reconnect on a daily basis, so I am getting on Facebook almost every day instead of once a month.  It is time.

JB feels like he is coming down with something, so we may be staying home for Thanksgiving.

Tuesday 11/26.  This morning was 19 with a light overcast.  I left for Down There at about 9:00 am and just took my time doing my shopping and errands.  With the crowds, there wasn't going to be any rushing anyway.  So glad I don't have to be Down There on Wednesday.

I don't think the temperature got out of the 30's in town.  And I think the moisture from the Columbia River makes it seem colder than it is.  Our high Up Here was 27.

I was home by 2:30 pm.  JB did indeed catch a germ over the weekend and is congested with a sore throat.  Trying to keep me from getting it, he had me sleep on the couch.

Wednesday 11/27.  Well, sleeping apart didn't do the trick.  I am definitely coming down with whatever it is.  I am so disappointed about missing Thanksgiving dinner with Larry and Elsie and their family.  But that's just the way it goes sometimes.  I did buy a turkey breast and we have all the trimmings, so the four of us (two dogs and their humans) will enjoy a quiet Thanksgiving.  Instead of eggnog, we'll have hot wine, honey and butter.  So good, and it does the trick on the sore throat.

Thought for the day:  Whatever life has brought, the message is: Give Thanks.  And as you do so, greater things will come.  Norman Vincent Peale

No comments:

Post a Comment